Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd - Review

Website: 

GAH. You have NO IDEA how long I've wanted to play a flippin' Project Diva game. I've wanted to play one for a really long time. A reeeeeally long time. >___> I'm glad I picked this one up first because it has a lot of my favorite songs~

Some well-known included songs are Meltdown, Magnet, Cantarella, Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder, Change Me, Romeo and Cinderella, Kokoro, Just Be Friends, World Is Mine, Double Lariat, etc etc.



Alright. So. Project Diva is a rhythm game that uses music of various Vocaloid songs. I wouldn't necessarily call this game "addicting", but rather "addicting for Vocaloid fans." And it's ridiculously fun.
First up, the characters. The ones you start with are standard outfits of Miku, Luka, Rin, and Len. Not sure if this order is for everyone, but my unlocking order was Kaito, Neru, Sakine Meiko, Meiko (I accidentally skipped a song, so Meiko should've been unlocked earlier hehe), and Haku. Other costumes are available for purchase with the song points you earn. What's nice is that this thing auto saves, so you don't have to worry about losing your progress or costumes. Anyway, I pretty much used everyone except Miku. Don't get me wrong, I like Miku, but she's kinda an attention whore and everyone else needs needs some love.

Not super related to the game, but what I liked is that this helped me learn my Sony buttons. (。´∀`)

.... Yeah yeah, don't judge me. (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜 I grew up Game Boy and DS so I know those buttons pretty well. I've owned for my PS2 however for a little over a year and my PSP a few months, and I don't play either all that often. So meh ewe

Anyway, this game was really fun while it lasted. I'm working towards unlocking/point buying all the costumes. ^_^ You have no idea how much enjoyment buying Kaito's Cyber Neko outfit gives me mwahaha. There are also other songs and costumes that you can buy from the JP PSN store, but I'm too cheap for that. ;D (Though I would love to have that Teto module. ;___: )

Speaking of costumes, let's showcase some of my favorite. :3 (Note: Some of these are DLC)  

Hatsune Miku 初音ミク


Kagamine Rin 鏡音リン

Kagamine Len 鏡音レン

Megurine Luka 巡音ルカ

KAITO カイト

MEIKO  メイコ


Akita Neru 亞北ネル

Yowane Haku 弱音ハク


Sakine Meiko 咲音メイコ
Kasane Teto 重音テト
Alright, I'm done. All in all, I'm glad I picked it up. It's a nice way to unwind and pass the time playing rhythm games and seeing your favorite characters dance. The models are also very pretty and pleasing to look at, so you don't have to worry about anything horrendous while trying to focus on the notes. My only gripe would be that the game was really really short and once you've unlocked all the songs, there's really nothing else to do besides play harder difficulties and unlock more stuff. Anyway, if you're interested in any PD game, go check out what game has what songs XD

Until next time. See ya~

No comments:

Post a Comment