Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town English Release Announced! [EU/NA]


After months of waiting, an English version was finally announced for the remake of one of my beloved childhood games: Friends of Mineral Town. If you're in Europe, you finally get to experience this game on July 10th.


Alas, this is only the Europe/Australia version so far but... Hoping Xseed will announce a version for North America soon. Or if not, I'll just import lmao. Nevertheless I am super excited about this announcement because I was worried all the technical problems would prevent it from showing up outside of Japan.

Edit: The North American version will be available on July 14th!
 
While I'm still not super sold on the art design, I love how clean everything looks. And I'm excited to see how they've remastered the world!

I've been keeping myself on the down-low regarding news and updates from the JP so that it will still feel fresh to me whenever I eventually get a chance to play. I don't know if this has been addressed already but I hope SoS: FoMT comes with a lot more saves because I want to marry like... everyone 😂


The font that they've chosen is really cute. And the flowers around Jennifer's happy sprite is the best?? I'm so excited to see what other animations the other emotions get. 

Lastly, I'm so glad they decided to highlight some of the same sex romances and marriages in the trailer. Being able to marry any candidate regardless of gender is a really important (and long overdue) feature and honestly is one of the main reasons why I'm so excited for the remake.


So in the meantime, I'll continue to wait on Xseed and play fan same-sex patches to cure that itch for now. Until next time 😊

Bonus: Golden cows!

No comments:

Post a Comment