Saturday, March 21, 2020

Coffee Talk Demo Review [PS4]

Full Release: January 29, 2020

Finally got around to trying out the demo for this game! 
 
Available for PC and console, Coffee Talk is a game where you manage your own midnight coffee shop, listening to the woes of those passing through as you give them a warm drink or two. Set in an alternate modern fantasy of Seattle, your cafe provides a respite from the world. 

The demo focuses on Freya, a human fictional journalist who is going through a bit of a writer's block, and Lua & Baileys, a succubus and elf couple who are trying to gain approval from their families.
As someone who's also dabbled in writing, I did not need to be called out like this lmao
Rather than dialogue options to choose from, you brew the different drinks customers are interested in instead. It's a very simple choice that leads to a laid-back game.

Source [x]
This game actually lets you do latte art with each order if you'd prefer! I uh.. am not so great obviously. But I'm proud of what I managed to get and practice makes perfect 😉

If you miss some dialogue, there's a backlog you can access in text message format. 

The UI for the phone is really simple! There's a friend list - which gives you more info as you get more familiar with your customer, Brewpad - your brew recipes, The Evening Whispers newspaper stories (unavailable in the demo), and Shuffld - a music playlist.

There are 8 music tracks to choose from in Shuffld. They're all very relaxing and really fit that late night shop vibe. Honestly I could just sit back and listen to these tracks to study or relax. 😊 

I also like the art for this game. It's kinda retro-like pixel art style and is super cute.

Overall, I'm glad I gave this demo a try. It's short and sweet and to the point. Coffee Talk isn't something I'm really in a rush to purchase, but I would definitely put it on my wishlist for those times you just want something peaceful.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment