Friday, January 31, 2020

Animal Crossing Themed Switch Reveal


Img Source

Not even 12 hours ago, Nintendo of America and Nintendo JP on Twitter announced that there will be a Limited Edition Switch inspired by Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Like other models, it will be priced at $299.99

I'm by no means a hardcore fan of Animal Crossing - I've played mostly Pocket Camp and a teensy bit of New Leaf - but I don't own my own Switch yet and this is very tempting??? The colors are GORGEOUS and it's so peaceful and overall just aesthetically pleasing??? I love that even the dock is AC themed. The white backing of the joy cons pairs lovely with the pastel theme too! (I am a HUGE sucker for pastels)

This lovely Switch will be available on March 13th, and preorders are already live on GameStop, Best Buy, and Target (US links). Supposedly an Aloha Edition screen protector and case will be available that day as well, although I don't see a link for it yet. (Edit: Target has a live link for both regular and lite cases: $24.99)


To those who just want some but not everything, it seems the joy cons and dock are being sold separately in Japan. Hopefully stores in the West will do the same.

I know there are rumors of a "pro" Switch version (which won't be releasing this year) but I am definitely super interested in this Switch. I'm also glad it's a regular version and not Switch Lite (what's the point of having a Switch if you're not able to "switch" between modes imo 🤷‍♀️)

Side Thought: I'm also surprised there haven't been more limited edition versions till now, especially for other big franchises like Zelda. Regardless, I'm glad there'll be more colorful options now.


Until next time!


P.S. Picture spam... because it's really pretty
Nintendo really be coming after my heart and wallet in the year of 2020 wow






No comments:

Post a Comment