Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Unboxing Persona 4 Dancing All Night: Disco Fever Edition



AHHHHH I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO PICK THIS UP. Introducing the newest edition to my collection, Persona 4: Dancing All Night Disco Fever Edition! (aka the Limited Edition set). I'm weak when Persona's involved, and even weaker when rhythm games are involved, so of course I had to get it. (。•̀ᴗ-)✧ Despite being a rhythm game, it still has plot that most definitely ties into the rhythm aspect. And apparently Hatsune Miku is also in this game as a DLC, which I didn't find out until a few days ago hahaha.

First of all, the Disco Fever Edition (DFE) gives you a lovely reflective collector's box, as pictured above. A huge bonus for me was that if you preordered it from GameStop, you get a giant rad poster of the cover art with it! 

If you don't know, I absolutely adore posters
ヾ(。・ω・)シ This baby is definitely going to be hung proudly on my wall hnng. I'll have to see if using the double-sided tape method will work, since I don't want the picture to be torn off with the tape. I was also at school all day and didn't get to pick it up until at night, so I was really worried they'd run out of posters. (❁°͈▵°͈)

Now onto the fun stuff. What would a limited edition be without it's goodies!? (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧


To those who are unfamiliar, the DFE comes with the game, a Teddie-themed Vita pouch, two-disk CD soundtrack of the game, a Teddie keychain (North American exclusive), a P4D Vita skin, 10 P4D digital wallpapers, 14 DLC outfits, and a bonus song ("Never More"). Since Teddie's the mascot icon of the game, he's pretty much on all the goodies.


First up is the Teddie-themed Vita pouch.

If you look at the Vita skin in the overview picture, you'll see that it's quite a bit smaller than the pouch. This pouch is about  6" x 8.5" (approx. 15cm x 22cm), so trust me there's plenty of room for your vita. There's even a little slip for holding some of your games. Tbh, you could probably stuff your keys and wallet in the pouch too, and it'd make a nice purse LOL. If I'm being serious however, I like how it's a soft case and has a shine to it, rather than the matte hard case from Persona Q.


It's a little difficult to see, but the back of the pouch has the P4D icon on it. For now though, back into the plastic wrap it goes.


Next up is the NA exclusive golden Teddie keychain. I find it rather adorable actually. (・∀・)It's also a bit heavier than I expected it to be! Regardless, he'll be joining my shelf of collectibles soon enough since I don't want him scratched up.



The Vita skin has the name of the game of course, and it's disco-esque background. I've never used a Vita skin though, so I'm not sure how to put it on/take it off properly. 「(゚ペ)

For those who are wondering, here's a small preview of the wallpapers.

And finally, the last physical goodie and honestly one of my favorite parts of any special edition item: the Soundtrack!!!

Above are the front and back covers of the P4D Soundtrack, which has just as bright a palette as everything else in this spin-off. (Yes, I lazily cropped two pictures together lol).

As promised, it comes with two disco-esque CDs:

This soundtrack has a lot of songs!! The first CD has 24 songs and the second has 39, arriving at a grand total of 63 songs. Now that's what I call a soundtrack! Even though Persona Q's CD wasn't a soundtrack per se, it still left me a little unsatisfied, so the P4D Soundtrack is nice change of pace.

I haven't had the pleasure of listening to the CDs yet, but knowing this series, the music won't leave me disappointed.

Last Words

Could you say that Atlus is just milking the "modern Personas," as I like to call them? Possibly. But I will still buy it - because it has both Persona and rhythm mushed together as well as limited edition goodies - and you can fight me haha. Besides: I can't get Persona 5 due to my lack of a console, so this may be the next best Persona game I can get my grubby hands on. On an aesthetics standpoint, I'm seriously digging all the bright color palettes (which may seem odd considering how dark it can get LOL). In the end, I'm super satisfied with my purchase. School may prohibit me from playing right away, but I'm still super excited. ヾ(*´∇`)ノ

Until next time~



P.S. There's a couple free song DLC, so don't forget to download those suckers before they're possibly not free anymore

Fun Fact: P4D is PSTV compatible!

No comments:

Post a Comment