Sunday, July 3, 2016

AX 2016 Aksys Games - New Otome Localization Announcements!

Code Realize scan: [x]

So apparently at their AX 2016 panel, Aksys Games announced that they're gonna localize more otomes WHICH I'M SUPER HYPED FOR BECAUSE THE WEST CAN ALWAYS USE MORE OTOMES YEEEAAAAHHHH (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ 

The lovely games in question are Code: Realize Future Blessings (fandisc), Bad Apple Wars, Collar x Malice, and Period Cube. 

On top of the "more otomes in the West hype," I'm also excited because they're series I'm generally interested in. c: (Though if I had to pick a least favorite it'd probably be Period Cube)

I'm surprised that localization is so soon after the Japanese release. I'm also surprised that Collar x Malice and Code: Realize are already licensed when they haven't even released in Japan yet. Σ(・口・) But hey I'm not complaining haha

Code: Realize wasn't given a release date atm, but the other 3 are set for 2017.

Apparently Aksys is also trying to localize Hakuouki SSL? Personally, I'm not very hyped for that one. (‐△‐) The series as a whole has just become a cash cow really and based on some reviews I've seen it's not the knees bees or anything. I also feel like Western fans should research more on the otome genre and don't just stick to Hakuouki because it partially confuses companies if the West wants more otome or just more Hakuouki ┐(´ー`)┌ But that's just my personal opinion so w/e

I'm also curious how the translation will go, since there have been plenty of conversations about Aksys' translations in the past too

OVERALL I'm really excited and I can't wait for more info on everything! They also fall nicely into things I like: 

Series I'm interested in ✓
Seiyuus ✓
Easier language understanding ✓
 No importing fees ✓

Sign me right up~ (*ゝω・)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment