Friday, September 18, 2020

Cupid Parasite Regular Edition Unboxing + PlayAsia Review


A bit belated posting this but... My copy of Cupid Parasite safely arrived!! I've been looking forward to this game so much and at last it's in my grasp. Babbles below + a review of my PlayAsia experience.

While I wasn't able to grab fancy sets like Animate or Stellaworth, I'm still super excited. It's also been a while since I've imported a physical version of a game, so coming home to receive a package in the mail is always a nice feeling~ 

Fun Story: I originally was gonna borrow one of my family member's credit card to purchase and then pay back (since mine is mainly for school *sob*), but since this game released a week before my birthday and they weren't sure what to get me, they spoiled me and got it as a birthday gift for me instead yay! I'm very thankful haha.

Apparently there's also a lottery by Otomate going on... But unfortunately I can't participate. I don't plan to buy a second game to meet the lottery requirements, nor do I have an address in Japan. 😅

My current laptop actually doesn't have a cd drive on it, so after a month later I finally found my old laptop/charger so that I can rip it haha. The drama sounds like it'll be hilarious, so I can't wait to listen.

・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧

I got my copy from Play-Asia since it was surprisingly the cheapest option to ship to me - even cheaper than Amazon JP. Considering everything going on in the world right now in regards to shipping, I'm surprised my package came so quickly! (Especially since I ordered mine one day before it's release.. oops) Play-Asia states to give packages about a month to come in, but mine came after about 9 days! Part of me wishes the tracking information wasn't so vague (and that the shipping text message updates actually worked), but I can't complain considering the speed.

The process was mostly smooth, but there were a couple hiccups lol. The main issue was that payment was declined via credit card, probably because it was being flagged as a "fraud charge" or something. So I tried again with Paypal and that kinda worked? A call to the bank fixed any charging issues. But because I had tried two separate payments, somehow I ended up placing 2 orders. 😂 Thankfully only 1 payment had processed, and it was super simple to cancel the other one- and there's even a "duplicate order" option you can select as your reason for cancelling thank goodness.


Play-Asia also included a couple of small items with their mascot, such as a sticker (that I'll probably use as a bookmark tbh) and a plastic... thing. I have no clue what it is tbh so it's probably going in the trash... or being repurposed as another bookmark lmao.




・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧

So tldr: I'm happy and very excited for my purchase even though I wasn't able to go all out on a fancy limited set, and I had a very pleasant experience with Play-Asia! Their customer service response turnaround is also pretty fast if you have any questions. And for anyone interested in seeing my game rambles, check out #TsukiandCupiPara. 

Until next time~!

No comments:

Post a Comment