Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Ladies from 5 Otome Games That I Wish Had Routes

Yeah it's No Simp September but that's not gonna stop me!! Lmao.

After I made my "Otome Games That Let You Date Girls" post, I of course had to make a list of ladies that I wish I could pursue a romance with! I never used to wish about female characters having routes because my brain was like "well this is an otoge, so why bother thinking about it when only guys are allowed" lmao. But hey, a little dreaming never hurt anyone! This time, I'll also be including an indie game. And who knows, maybe I'll come back with a part 2 someday~


Sawa & Mine from Amnesia (Memories)

Do I want more supportive female friendships in media or do I want to romance the lady friends??? Who knows!

It's been a long time since I've played Amnesia so my memory is a little foggy, but I love how certain characters have different personalities depending on whose route you're on. Sawa I felt was mostly consistent with how genuine she was toward the heroine and overall she's just very charming. Mine is also pretty but I'm a little conflicted about her since there are routes where she's anti-heroine... If I had to pick a girl though, Sawa has my vote haha. 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Kotoho Sakuragawa & Eriko Mukai from Collar x Malice

I stan supportive female coworker friends

It's so refreshing to have other female characters that are friends with the heroine and actually pass the Bechdel test lmao. Anyway Sakuragawa and Mukai are amazing women and I adore them both. I love how in one route, the way you bond is through sharing homemade food. And I know it's because Ichika made tasty food, but even Sakuragawa says she'd want Ichika as her wife with those cooking skills. 😭 

I also find it hilarious that another way they can bond is via the Shiraishi bashing lmao. And at one point during the food bonding scene, Ichika even thinks Mukai's face looked kinda cute. Am I grasping? Probably. Do I care? No lmao. Anyway - Sakuragawa and Mukai route please lol. Or what if... OT3... 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Jurien Valiente from Cinderella Phenomenon

QUEEN

While I necessarily wouldn't want the heroine to date her, I as the player would love a Jurien route lmao. I wish the game had more of Jurien. Pretty lady who is a badass with a sword, won't take shit from anyone, and was actually considered one of the strongest knights at the palace? Yes please. 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Sen-hime / Princess Sen from Hakuouki

cries in no female route

We could've had it all!! Sen is super cool and badass. She's also been a Chizuru stan since Day 1 and is always a source of support for her. I always love healthy female friendships, but imagine what could've been if we had a friends to lovers trope with them. "But what about continuing the demon lines!?" Well Sen did promise to have an heir with Kazama in one route, so why can't the ladies be together at the same time lmao. Alternatively, who needs heirs immediately when you live as long as they do? Give Chizuru a demon girlfriend that actually treats her right. 😤

I would also like to give a special shoutout to Kimigiku for also being super badass. And so pretty.. What if I could romance them both?

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Shinbi from Nameless

"very thoughtful of Eri" i cry

SHINBI. gOD. How dare Nameless give me someone as gorgeous, witty, cool and laid back as Shinbi and not have her be a route??? I wanted a route for her back in 2016 and I still want one now. Even Eri thinks that Shinbi is handsome gahhh. When I first discovered the Nameless demo years ago, I loved Shinbi more than the boys lmao. Cheritz please. On the plus side, at least Soi and Shinbi are female characters that are actually good friends with the heroine and aren't out to antagonize her. 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Did some of your favorite ladies make the list? Feel free to comment about any of the ladies above, or any other otoge ladies not here.

Until next time~!

No comments:

Post a Comment