Tuesday, July 27, 2021

BUSTAFELLOWS Collector's Edition [Eng] Unboxing


The English version of BUSTAFELLOWS is set to release on July 30th, but the Collector's Edition came home early I'm so happy!!!! 🥰

Since PQube collaborated with Funstock, the Collector's Edition shipped from the UK. I've never had something shipped from there so I'm very thankful Funstock didn't charge outrageous shipping, and it's an amusing experience to see French on the back of my game instead of Spanish haha.

But without further ado, here's the contents of this lovely Collector's Edition!

Booklet

Fun Fact: Dec. 19, 2019 is the JP release date!

The size of the booklet is 170 x 122mm, and it's 3mm thick with 48 pages of content. Pretty condensed, but has lots of info!

I love how the magazine looks exactly like those tacky gossip rags that are always in grocery stores. 🤣 It's also very matte so honestly it kinda feels like a gossip rag too haha. There's also just a hint of that new book smell that I'll really appreciate while it lasts lol.


The first page of the magazine includes this spoiler warning page, and I definitely didn't want to linger too long and accidentally get spoiled. Skimming through, I noticed it includes character profiles and sprites, some concept art (both for main and side characters), and some splash art. Lots of good stuff and I'm excited to read it all later! 

Apparently there were a few pages of content cut out, such as interviews from devs. I would've liked to read that though... 🥺

CD


Also included in the Collector's Edition is "Scarecrow's Mixtape CD," aka a soundtrack of collections from the game. I was surprised to see that there's 27 tracks! I love the Teuta art and bubble letters on the cd, and it definitely seems like Scarecrow's vibe haha. The final page of the booklet includes a track list. 🎵


Unfortunately, my current laptop doesn't have a disc drive... Meaning I need to either try to dig up my old one and rip it there, or buy an external DVD drive LOL. 

Art Cards

This version of the Collector's Edition comes with 6 cards instead of 1, each one measuring at 110 x 160mm. 

They feel sturdy like a postcard, but are also extremely matte without much of a protectant on it, so I don't think I'll be able to safely hang them without potentially destroying. I'll have to buy some sort of cover for them haha. 


Two of the art cards included cgs that were not among the promotional cgs on either the Japanese or English website, so I've censored it for this unboxing. However if you're the type to not care about cg spoilers, you can view the uncensored version here

・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚

There are some slight differences from the Japanese Collector's Edition, but overall I'm very happy with it! The group card art for example was different, but both versions are very nice so no complaints from me there~

As a drama cd lover though I am sad to see we don't get either the JP Collector's Edition or the pre-order bonus drama cd. 😭 It would've been really neat to have maybe a translation as a cd insert (like how cds used to come with lyrics) or maybe even a pdf for easier distribution, but unfortunately it seems drama cds just aren't as popular in the west haha.

I also really like the box! 💖 Sizing-wise, it's approximately 142 x 175 x 35mm, so it doesn't take up a lot of room to display. I'm a fan of how it's designed after Limbo's briefcase, and it's cute how it looks like a bunch of 💸 $100s 💸 are sticking out www. It's perfect for displaying due to it being so compact and stylish~

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment