Wednesday, June 30, 2021

First Time at Book Off! Shopping Haul June 2021

Over the years I've heard stories of people finding cheap otome games and merch at this second hand store called Book Off, but I could only dream of visiting since there are no locations where I live. 

However I was out of town recently and happened to be near a store... so naturally I couldn't resist!!

While this may seem like my first merch haul post for a while, I actually have a couple more hauls ahead of this. They're traveling by sea though so it'll take quite some time before they arrive lol...

Anyway. Onto the merch haul!


BUSTAFELLOWS


I'm super excited for the release of BUSTAFELLOWS that's right around the corner, so obviously I couldn't resist buying these cute buttons when they're right in front of me! These poker-styled buttons are originally part of a set of 6 if you had ordered the game from Animate. Unfortunately the only button I was unable to find was the pink one aka Helvetica font man lol. Someday I will hunt down the final button to complete the set. 😤


Code:Realize


These cute buttons were part of Wintertide Miracle's limited edition, both for the English and Japanese versions. I don't reallyyy want to buy the limited edition at full price, hence why I grabbed these instead. I was hoping I could find the last 2 to complete the set, but alas fate was not on my side haha. Someday I'll find the rest for my collection~


Uta no Prince-Sama

Did I ever watch the UtaPri anime when it was at its peak popularity? ...No. Have I played the vita game I bought earlier this year? ...Barely. All I know is that the season 1 opening is a bop. Yet here I am buying merch anyway because I'm hoping that I'll enjoy the series LOL.

Out of all the UtaPri boys, I ended up buying quite a bit of Tokiya since there was surprisingly a lot of merch for him... He seems like someone I would normally like, so hopefully he'll become an oshi of mine or I'll be sad I have all this merch of him PFF. And then of course I had to get an Otoya button because he's a sweetie. Acrylic stands are also becoming my new addiction, so I'm excited to have another to add to extremely small (*cough* one) collection.


Misc. Goods

Since I didn't buy enough of a series for it to be a set, I decided to group these all together.

My favorite out of these would probably be the adorable Ukyo acrylic, and he'll definitely have a nice spot on my ita board~ The others are Dramatical Murder (the only non-otome here lol), Ken ga Kimi, Dialovers, Re:Birthday Song, Hakuouki, and Meiji Kyuuketsu Kitan Tsukiyasha.


・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚

I checked high and low and even asked an associate if they had any... non-English games lol, but unfortunately there were no otome games at that location. Despite that, I'm still happy I got to buy some merch. 😊 

I probably spent a little more than I should've, but buying from a physical store means I don't have to deal with shipping or proxy fees so you're kinda saving money right? (It's what I like to tell myself to feel a little better about my wallet 🤣) Besides, I have awful self-control and who knows when I'll get to be at a Book Off again, so might as well splurge a little! Also a lot of what I bought is from games I haven't played yet LOL but knowing my tastes I'm sure I'll enjoy them and won't regret these purchases.

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment