Sunday, June 14, 2020

Summer Game Fest - PC Gaming Show Highlights


Summer Game Fest is going strong with continuing their streams, this time bringing coverage about upcoming PC games, some of which were sneakily added to Steam. Even though a lot of developers were present there actually a ton of games I was interested in... But below are my favorites from the stream!

I would just like to point out, I can't believe their intro included this meme lmaoo. 

Also to anyone who'd like to watch the stream in its entirety, you can find it here.


Ooblets

"If a game that features farming, creature collection, dance battles and bears wearing pants sounds like your cup of tea, then it's time to put the kettle on and enjoy some ooblets." This game looks like peak manifestation of brain empty, no thoughts, and it's so adorable?? I have no clue what's going on but I'm sold. 


Persona 4: Golden

PERSONA!!! I can't believe they teased the Junes theme at the beginning of the show gh;kldsjf. Persona 4 is so good and I'm so glad this game isn't stuck to Vita anymore. (In fact it's the first Persona game to be on PC) The Steam version will be HD and will have the option to toggle between Japanese and English audio. I can't wait to see the resurgence of memes and fanart haha. I love this ragtag group investigating murder mysteries. Definitely a game to play if you never have. 

Pour one out for Teddie, because he deserved more than to sit there with no acknowledgement or punch line lol.


Among Trees

This seems like a chill survival game and I love the art direction. Not sure if I'll actually ever play it, but it's pretty to look at. 


Haven

A game about living and exploring on a new planet, with apparently some turn-based battle mechanics and optional co-op. Some of it gives me Journey vibes, and I dig the art. There's some voice acting too.

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town

Yay a PC port! Mineral Town-era games hold a special place in my heart, so it's nice to see the remake available on another platform. I'm a bit torn which version I'll go with but.. perhaps Switch for the portability. 


Twin Mirror

A psychological thriller by the devs of Life is Strange. The story follows investigative journalist Sam Higgs unraveling the secrets of his own town. I'm.. honestly just here because of the Life is Strange devs lol.

Surgeon Simulator 2

While this wouldn't be high on my priority list of games to buy, surgeon simulation is wacky and entertaining way to pass the time. And look! The surgeons have full bodies this time lol.

The Last Campfire

A story about a lost ember searching for meaning and the way home. Overall it kinda gives me some Ori and the Blind Forest vibes, but I love the art. Let's hope there isn't another controversy like No Man's Sky haha.


Unfortunately a lot of games were just... unappealing lmao. There were a lot of co-op games which for me are zzzzz. 😴 A lot of games also seemed to be like your generic mobile game where you build civilizations and/or armies, gather resources, etc. with 3D models that all look the same so... that was a little disappointing. But at least there were some nice gems sprinkled in between~

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment