Sunday, June 14, 2020

PS5 Reveal Event Livestream Highlights

On June 11th, Sony had a live stream that revealed how their newest console would look, along with a fair amount of games that are already slated for a PS5 release. Below are my personal favorites. (。•̀ᴗ-)✧ And for anyone interested, here's a twitter thread of my really quick impressions as each trailer played, some roasted more than others.

Spider Man: Miles Morales

I haven't played the first Spidey game yet but... Cool, a game starring Miles! I love how fluid everything looks.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

So this series is one I didn't grow up and have been curious about for a while, although I do have a couple friends that are into it. Maybe this will be the game to get me in it haha. The world looks really cool and I'm curious how the whole dimensional rifts and... alternate worlds? will go down.

Project Athia

A game by Square Enix. I have no clue who the girl is but the fact that she can control plants in combat? Amazing. I also like the monster designs.


Stray

You play as a cat!! That's it that's the game lol. Humans no longer exist and the world is instead inhabited by robots. I'm curious what kind of role the cat will be playing - courier, explorer, investigator? I don't know how I feel about that cat render at 1:20 though lol... Kinda reminds me of another cat game called Peace Island, which is in the process of being crowdfunded. 

Returnal

An explorer lands on an alien planet and she finds herself in a constant loop of being brought back to life. While groundhound day scenarios aren't exactly unique, it's still interesting enough for me to want to keep it on my radar. It's also nice that our female protagonist isn't someone young and sexualized lol.
Bonus: That heterochromia though

Kena: Bridge of Spirits

The art for this look so goooood. The protagonist is super cute and the world is gorgeous. And that combat looks so sleek. Definitely keeping my eye out on this one. Apparently it'll also be on PC.

Side note: Considering the setting I uhh really hope some members of the team are POC  👍   

Goodbye Volcano High

The furries are taking over lmaoo. But in all seriousness, it seems like a nice slice of life/coming of age story. The anthro designs are interesting (I've never seen so many dino anthros?!) and the protag is a cutie. 

Ghostwire: Tokyo

An upcoming thriller game by Bethesda. My only knowledge of this game before was Ikumi Nakamura's amazing stage persona, although unfortunately she's no longer part of the studio. Honestly it looks really interesting and I'm loving the combat.

Bonus: "It's spooky~"

Solar Ash

I have no clue what's going on but I'm in love with the art??? Love how smooth it all looks too. I don't know this studio but I'm definitely interested in learning more about this game. 

Horizon Forbidden West

HORIZON ZERO DAWN SEQUEL YEAAAAH. Admittedly I still need to finish playing the first game but.. it's so good. So hyped for this sequel.

And last but not least... the PS5 reveal. While most details are still pretty vague, we finally get a visual. It's very um.. Sleek? Lmao. 

And thus let the meme wars begin! Unfortunately I cannot stopping thinking about this PS5 controller meme involving Detroit Become Human, and many other gold-worthy memes are floating around. A friend of mine knew what the newest console reminded her of, and she took a pic of her fat ps2 and stuck it inside a white binder LOL. I'm also a fan of this meme: 

While the likelihood of me getting a PS5 is... extremely unlikely lmao, especially with the supposed price increase, that won't stop me from looking at games I wish I could play.

Until next time~!


Bonus: Just discovered this tweet 😂


No comments:

Post a Comment