Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Diabolik Lovers More Character Songs Vol. 5 Laito - Q.E.D. Released! + Audio & Other DL Thingsies

We're making some headway on the More Character Song series. Introducing everyone's favorite flirtatious vampire: Laito! Below the cut are my thoughts on his song, Subaru's sample & thoughts (because I'm late to the party |D), Yuma's newly released cover, and an interesting color observation Akui and I noticed at lunch today~.

Well to begin, here's a link to his full song. :3

For the most part, I like Laito's song. I like the first transition of where the sample ended to where the new part began. The phasing of the guitar helped it transition imo. ouob

But then about 3 minutes into the song and then the transitions are just like... WHAT. (」゜ロ゜)」 So Laito is all "Q.E.D.~~" and then some weird fading into a piano sonatina thing IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KEY. Oooookay. So mini piano solo for 30 seconds. Then Laito sings for a tiny bit with piano predominantly in the background. And then ABRUPT KEY CHANGE back to what it was in the beginning with the guitar. So that's just.... I dunno. That's the only section that bothers me. (*._.)

But other than that weird junk at the end, I enjoy his song. |D

Backtracking a little, Subaru totally stole the hat look from Laito. (*≧▽≦)ノシ)) [Download sample]
His sample is sooooo long compared to the other song samples. o3o And PFFFFF, not what I was expecting AT ALL. XD I mean to begin with, I was surprised that he used a "softer" tone to sing as opposed to, say, his first character song or other DL songs where he sings kinda roughly. And now that Akui's brought it up to me, I can't get it out of my head that it kinda sounds like the opening to a shoujo anime or something LMAO.

Next up... *drum roll* Yuma's character song cover! *throws confetti*
LOOK AT HIM. THAT RIGHT THERE IS A DWEEB SON. (;-◞౪◟-)

But man, what is he wearing? That bright orange jacket is just a liiiiitle too gaudy for me. XD

His right eye is also a bit off proportionally... I dunno, personally I'm feeling it overall with this cover art. ewe

Also, it had been bugging me (and Akui) for a while as to why on Earth there was blue splashed on him. Because in my opinion, those shades of orange/blue don't work well at all, even if they are considered complimentary.

And THAT'S where our color discussion comes into play. ٩(๑•◡-๑)۶ Not sure if anyone has noticed, but hey, we just did.

Alright. So. Each boy has some paint splattered on their cover art. I first noticed the color thing on Kou since pink and green work together, and I remembered his because I thought it was cute that he had colors that worked well together! Though I didn't think much of it at the time.

(Click to enlarge)

Notice anything?

Ayato has some purple paint splashed on him with the purple splash under the "Diabolik" on a lower opacity, Kanato has black paint with a lowered opacity black splash, Ruki has some pink paint, etc. etc. Thaaaat's right... THEY ALL LEAD TO THE NEXT CHARACTER COLOR!  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Hence the answer to the funky blue on Yuma. From then on we can guess that Azusa will have some yellow and that Shu will have some blue. As for Reiji, perhaps he'll have some red, looping back to Ayato. ouob

So that's that. Until next time! (*゚▽゚*)


No comments:

Post a Comment